Being an ASOR member means being part of an organization that has shaped the path of American archaeology in the Near East for over a century. Our mission is to initiate, encourage, and support research into, and public understanding of, the history and cultures of the Near East and wider Mediterranean, from the earliest times.
Our memberships help foster original research and exploration, encourage scholarship in different cultures, uphold the highest academic standards in interdisciplinary research and teaching, and support efforts to protect, preserve, and present to the public the historic and cultural heritage of the Near East and the wider Mediterranean.
ASOR invites select institutions to join the ASOR consortium. Membership is prestigious, and offers tremendous benefits to the students, faculty, and staff of your college, university, or seminary. If you would like to apply for institutional membership, please have the appropriate official fill out the form and send it to the ASOR office. Please be sure to designate an institutional representative.
Faculty, students, and staff of your member institution will receive the following benefits:
- Voice and vote at annual membership meeting (through the institutional representative)
- Subscriptions to ASOR publications for your library (including Near Eastern Archaeology (NEA), Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research (BASOR), and the Journal of Cuneiform Studies (JCS))
- Discount of 33% on ASOR books purchased by your library
- Discounts on Annual Meeting registration and eligibility to present papers for students affiliated with your institution
- Eligibility to apply for ASOR fellowships, grants, and scholarships, including $250 travel grants to attend the ASOR Annual Meeting, $1,000 Platt Fellowships, and $1,000 Heritage Grants
- Access to fellowships, grants, and scholarships offered by our affiliate Overseas Research Centers in Amman, Jerusalem, and Nicosia
- Recognition in ASOR publications such as BASOR, NEA, News@ASOR, and the Annual Meeting Program Book
- Focus articles on special events, programs, and faculty of institutional member institutions in NEA
- $250 credit toward a quarter page ad in NEA, BASOR, or the ASOR Blog (subject to availability, no cash value.)
- 10% discount to post job listing on Career Services. For more information, please email email@example.com.
To pay your Institutional Membership dues, please either call (617) 358-4376 to make a payment over the phone, mail the payment information to ASOR, 656 Beacon Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02215, or fax us the payment information at (617) 353-6575.
For more information about becoming an institutional member, please contact the ASOR Office at 617-353-6570 or by email.
- Institutional Membership Application
- List of Institutional Members
- Individual Membership Options
- Membership Home Page