Being an ASOR member means being part of an organization that has shaped the path of American archaeology in the Near East for over a century. Our mission is to initiate, encourage, and support research into, and public understanding of, the history and cultures of the Near East and wider Mediterranean, from the earliest times.
Our memberships help foster original research and exploration, encourage scholarship in different cultures, uphold the highest academic standards in interdisciplinary research and teaching, and support efforts to protect, preserve, and present to the public the historic and cultural heritage of the Near East and the wider Mediterranean.
ASOR members enjoy many benefits*, including:
- Subscriptions to ASOR’s publications (Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research, Near Eastern Archaeology, and Journal of Cuneiform Studies)
- Opportunity to present papers at the ASOR Annual Meeting
- Opportunity to serve on ASOR’s academic committees
- Access to the ASOR Member Individual Directory
- Discounts on ASOR books
- Discount on Annual Meeting registration
- Eligibility to apply for ASOR grants and fellowships
- Subscription to e-newsletter News@ASOR with the latest news from ASOR and the archaeological community
- 50% discount to JPASS - individual access to over 1,500 journals in JSTOR's digital library
Learn more about what type of ASOR membership is right for you:
*Benefits vary by membership type.