Being an ASOR member means being part of an organization that has shaped the path of American archaeology in the Near East for over a century. ASOR members are at the forefront of archaeological discovery, aiding the recovery of Eastern Mediterranean history and prehistory by exposing ancient cultural landscapes that contain the origins of western civilization.
ASOR members enjoy many benefits*, including:
- Subscriptions to ASOR’s publications (Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research, Near Eastern Archaeology, and Journal of Cuneiform Studies)
- Opportunity to present papers at the ASOR Annual Meeting
- Opportunity to serve on ASOR’s academic committees
- Discounts on ASOR books
- Discount on Annual Meeting registration
- Eligibility to apply for ASOR grants and fellowships
- Subscription to e-newsletter News@ASOR with the latest news from ASOR and the archaeological community
- 50% discount to JPASS - individual access to over 1,500 journals in JSTOR's digital library
Learn more about what type of ASOR membership is right for you:
*Benefits vary by membership type.