Become a Friend of ASOR for FREE and get the ANE Today delivered to your e-mail every month.
This monthly e-zine disseminates ideas, insights and discoveries to Friends of ASOR. You can become a Friend and receive the e-zine for free; you only need to register. The ANE Today appears on the third Tuesday of each month and features contributions from diverse academics, a forum featuring debates of current developments from the field, and links to news and resources. The ANE Today covers the entire Near East, and each issue presents discussions ranging from the state of biblical archaeology to archaeology after the Arab Spring.
Check out these exciting articles from previous issues:
- Jacob Wright, Remembering King David.
- Steve Collins, Has Archaeology Gone Overboard in Throwing Out the Bible?
- Jane Moon, Back to Babylonia.
- Amnon Ben-Tor, Hazor in the 10th Century BCE.
- C. Brian Rose, Cultural Heritage Protection in Zones of Armed Conflict—A Video.
- Morag Kersel and Christina Luke, Ten Years after Iraq: Archaeology, Archaeologists, and U.S. Foreign Relations.
- Hélène Sader, Archaeology in Lebanon Today: Its Politics and Its Problems.
- Robert and Erin Darby, Words in the Sand: Discovering A New Monumental Latin Inscription at ‘Ayn Gharandal (Ancient Arieldela), Jordan.
- C.D. Elledge with Olivia Yeo, Rethinking the Qumran Community—Recent Approaches.
- James K. Hoffmeier, Archaeological Field Work in Egypt After the Revolution.
- Jason Ur, New Explorations in the Heart of Assyria: Cities and Landscapes on the Erbil Plain, Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Debra Foran, This is Our City—The Question of Cultural Ownership and Cultural Heritage on Madaba's West Acropolis.
- George Athas, What's New in Biblical Inscriptions?
- Daniele Morandi Bonacossi, Back to Assyria: Cities, Villages and Canals in the Land Behind Nineveh.
- Archaeology News Roundup Archive. The archive of these weekly reports is found each month in the ANE Today.
- February 18, 2014 (Vol. II, No. 2)
- January 21, 2014 (Vol. II, No. 1 )
- December 17, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 9)
- November 20, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 8)
- October 23, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 7)
- September 17, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 6)
- August 20, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 5)
- July 23, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 4)
- June 18, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 3)
- May 21, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 2)
- April 9, 2013 (Vol. I, No. 1)